Health tips to keep your body BRILLIANT inside and out!
Make Exercise a Lifestyle Not a Chore!
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
More Posture tips-or dare I say THREATS!
Every day I see this, (pix below) a man or woman on an elliptical leaning forward with their head forward what feels like a foot, like a turtle's head out of a shell, using their arms on this equipment and accentuating further the forward movement in order to simply reach the handles. Then I see the same person or another on the treadmill leaning forward with hunched shoulders neck forward again. Approximately 15-30 min later I see these same people go to a spin class and round over the bike with the same posture and last and best of all they continue on to take a class and do a ton of push ups which shortens those same muscles that have been rounded forwarded and shortened already, (not to mention the poor technique with their heads/nose touching the floor during the pushup while their body is inches above) then continue in the class and proceed to exercise with bad posture-coat and scarf on-head forward-back to work at a desk leaning forward in a chair staring at a computer screen neck forward and alas POOR POSTURE! NEVER ONCE DO I SEE an extension of the back or standing up straight! When I get one of these people in my class and I have them flat on their stomach to attempt a simple back extension it is nearly impossible. Stop the madness! Stop accentuating what is not right and never never exercise while in poor posture! I will say NO I do NOT agree that any exercise is good, IT's NOT! Even if you only do 5 min, DO IT PROPERLY! WITH POSTURE AS A PRIORITY. A 1/2 hour of poor, weak posture during exercise will take much much more time and exercise just to reverse it, so be smart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment