Last weekend one of the greatest ballet teachers of this generation, David Howard, passed away and I as have my fellow dancers have posted many articles praising him. I post this on my Brilliantbodiesbyjulie page as a reminder for inspiration, dedication and discipline. He was my last teacher in fact his was the last ballet class I took when my career came to a grinding halt, but his death reminds me of how finding a great teacher, a great inspiration and someone who pushes you beyond what you have yet to realize you can do is important for your well being and can be exactly what your health needs. Finding the right teacher whether it be a body conditioning class or Pilates teacher or trainer or dvd or dance class or swim coach, yoga instructor or even a friend who's practice and commitment you admire can guide you when you need it. If you have trouble and need a push to getting healthier observe, ask and let a little bit of confidence someone else may have in themselves to allow you to recognize it in yourself. Effort is the biggest step, Stay Healthy!
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/19/arts/dance/david-howard-revered-teacher-of-dancers-dies-at-76.html
No comments:
Post a Comment