Health tips to keep your body BRILLIANT inside and out!

Make Exercise a Lifestyle Not a Chore!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Health Tip: Can the brain be influenced by music?

             Well I always think so as it can change my mood or bring me back in time like a Tartis in an instant. A study from the Journal of Neuroscience "researchers have found that the volume of brain regions related to hearing and self-awareness appear larger in those who began taking music lessons before age 7. These regions influence language skills and executive function". Musical training can do more for kids including cognitive advancements and even into older age after the practice has ended.                Personally I was interested in the study that connects this one to dancers, then there it was in this same article showing step training and forms of movement to a beat "according to a study conducted by researchers at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. This study adds another piece to the puzzle in the emerging story suggesting that musical rhythmic abilities are correlated with improved performance in non-music areas, particularly language". 
              Hmmm is that why so many of my dancer friends speak so many languages??? Here's to musical training! And banging on the wall of my bedroom shared with the piano while my brothers practiced until i made them teach me and ONE EVEN CHARGED ME 50 CENTS!http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-library/music-training-and-brain-anatomy

1 comment:

Digital Marketing Agency Delhi said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.